Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Minecraft Enhanced Texture Pack [Version 0.8]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bletzkarn

The New Guy

I've been working on a 32-bit version of the currently 16-bit texture pack. While there are a lot of awesome texture packs out there, I simply wanted to the original to look a little better. By increasing the resolution by 4, I think I have done that.

I'm calling this version 0.8 because I reckon it's about 80% complete Razz

Minecraft Enhanced Texture Pack [Version 0.8] OOrXo
16-bit

Minecraft Enhanced Texture Pack [Version 0.8] Rhav3
32-bit

Minecraft Enhanced Texture Pack [Version 0.8] R9u0s
16-bit

Minecraft Enhanced Texture Pack [Version 0.8] D4QHa
32-bit

Minecraft Enhanced Texture Pack [Version 0.8] Ql6OV
16-bit

Minecraft Enhanced Texture Pack [Version 0.8] FHD5a
32-bit

As you can see it is very similar to the old one, as intended. Yet after using this for about 2 weeks I simply cannot stand the default texture pack anymore.

All 32-bit Texture packs have the glitch of Brick, Iron, Gold and Diamond blocks looking strange as seen above. Also water, lava and fire do not move. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

I still prefer the 32-bit however, it just looks so nice in my opinion.

If you want to try it out and give me some constructive criticism here is the 512x512 texture pack:

Minecraft Enhanced Texture Pack [Version 0.8] 0WDxa
(save as .png)

To Do:

Complete terrain.png including new textures.

Attempt to change particles.

Attempt to change items.

Attempt to change UI.

snebby

snebby
The New Guy

Hey, do you know how to install the texture packs? They look VERY interesting. (By the way I have a mac, and I know how to access the page, like the bin folder)

Bletzkarn

The New Guy

How I do it on windows:

I find the .minecraft folder. Go to bin an you will see mincraft.jar Open this with winrar or 7zip. Drag the .png image straight into the minecraft.jar file (through winrar). Minecraft most not be running.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum